click image to enlarge
ourWork: Publicity Stunts
Hot Wheels RC Stealth Rides Product Launch
Golin Harris Public Relations
The Grove, Los Angeles, CA
Paradigm Shift was contracted to create a publicity stunt that would garner massive print and electronic media exposure nationwide, surrounding the official launch of the ultimate in super cool yet super small gadgetry, Hot Wheels RC Stealth Rides.
The event, hosted by Gavin Rossdale, featured a branded step and repeat wall, for on-site press interviews along with a fully branded environment where kids from a local Boys and Girls Club had an opportunity to “test drive” the highly agile remote control vehicles in a series of custom-designed courses. The perimeter of the space featured custom branding touches, along with brightly colored racing flags.
The event space included four elevated “courses,” where children could test their skills at navigating the cars through one of two specially designed courses. Two of the courses focused on the abilities of the “tank” rides to climb objects, while the other two focused on maneuvering the remote controlled cars through a winding track.
In a clever twist, the two tank courses consisted of a series of household items, all painted white. Participants maneuvered their RC tank over these various obstacles, including a 1” binder, a computer keyboard, spatula, pens and pencils in a tight row and an open and inverted sunglasses case. The two RC car courses consisted of a winding “Le Mans” style course, featuring miniature trees, hills and buildings with a fenced border. Guests tested their skills by racing their car around the course in an attempt to get an edge on their competitor.
- Gone with the Wind 70th Anniversary
- Hot Wheels RC Stealth Rides Product Launch
- No Ordinary Family: Promotion at Good Morning America
- Tangled "Locks of Love" DVD & Blu-ray Launch Event
- 101 Dalmatians Platinum Edition
- Bee Movie “Buzzes Manhattan” Publicity Stunt
- Super Mario Sunshine Spaghetti Drive
- Peter Pan Skydiving Stunt
- You’re Not Elected, Charlie Brown DVD Launch Event
- Failure To Launch DVD Event
- Enchanted “Manhole” Stunt
- MasterCard Events
- 101 Dalmatians - Worlds Largest Fire Hydrant